Monday, February 13, 2012

New Budget!

budg·et

[buhj-it] Show IPA noun, adjective, verb, -et·ed, -et·ing.
noun
1. an estimate, often itemized, of expected income and expense for a given period in the future.
2. an itemized allotment of funds, time, etc., for a given period.
3. the total sum of money set aside or needed for a purpose: the construction budget.
The above definition of budget was taken from Dictionary.com. I want you to pay particular attention to the bold words. You will notice a theme.  It starts with money you have (income, funds, sum of money) and then you spend it (expense, allotment, needed for a purpose). I think our government fails to understand that spending money you don't have is not a "budget", in fact most people call it a wish list. I have a wish list too. I wish I had more of the money I earn to buy the things I want, instead of paying interest on loans the federal government takes out to buy things on its wish list!

No comments:

Post a Comment