Friday, February 10, 2012

"Robo-signing"

"Robo-signing" as defined by the recent agreement between five majors US banks and the Justice Department, is: "the practice of signing documents without reading them". I am not one to bash people for their poor choices; after all I make my share of poor choices.  However, imposing a $25B tax (yes I called it a tax) on banks forcing them to lose interest income on mortgages they have made to people who are defaulting on their responsibility, because they were "Robo-signing" their mortgage paperwork, is truly ironic. I don’t know if anyone else thinks this is ridiculous, but I do. These banks (most of which received huge government bail-out payments) are now using our tax dollars to pay for this agreement. The only people getting screwed (yet again) are those of us who pay our mortgages and taxes.

No comments:

Post a Comment