Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Trashing Tricare

The Obama administration’s proposed defense budget calls for military families and retirees to pay sharply more for their healthcare, while leaving unionized civilian defense workers’ benefits untouched. The proposal is causing a major rift within the Pentagon, according to U.S. officials.

I am almost at a loss for words. Let me get this straight “fair share” is increasing healthcare costs for the defenders of freedom, but not the unionized civilian defense workers? I guess if your plan for re-election is to buy votes, this is the way to go. After all, most of our men and women in uniform vote via absentee ballot and they will probably be rejected as “late” or “improperly filled out” or better yet, lost by the unionized USPS workers. Sounds like a plan. Thank you. Thank you, Mr President for enabling me to pay my “fair share”, because lord knows a life spent defending our country wasn’t enough of a sacrifice to call it my "fair share".

No comments:

Post a Comment